This is no ordinary granola. It's the best granola you will ever eat. I know I'm partial, but Pie Crust Granola features crispy-crunchy cinnamon-sugar pie dough pieces. Need I say more? Delicious for breakfast, it also has the goodness of oats, pecans and dried sweetened cranberries with real maple syrup baked in. Once you try this easy, homemade pie crust granola, you won't want any other.
I am one of 30 bloggers chosen to participate in the Wick's Pies Recipe Challenge. Wick's Pies sent me several pie dough circles to create out of this world recipes. I feel like I knocked it out of the park in creativity and flavor with this Breakfast entry.
The addition of crispy pie dough pieces really does make this granola special. Plus, it's really easy to put this recipe together. Just brush the pie dough on both sides with egg white and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Slice the dough into bite-size pieces, toss in a bowl with the oats and a mixture of real maple syrup, canola oil and vanilla. Then, just bake it. While pecans, cranberries and flaked salt are my favorite additions YOU can mix-in any fruit, nuts and seasoning you like.
This pie crust granola is a great addition to a healthy breakfast. I love the flavor and texture it adds to a bowl of yogurt and fruit. Sprinkled on avocado toast it had me wanting more. I can't lie. I might have snacked on it all morning. That salty-sweet crunch is addictive.
Pie Crust Granola Ideas
- Add to yogurt
- Sprinkle on a smoothie bowl
- Delicious on avocado toast
- Topping for roasted fruit
- Serve with milk
- Adds great texture to warm bowl of oatmeal
Go ahead and do yourself a favor. Pick up some Wick's Pies Dough Circles and give this recipe a try. Please let me know what you think in the comments..Print
Bursting with cinnamon scented pie crust pieces and sweetened naturally with real maple syrup this salty-sweet granola is great for breakfast and snacking.
1 Wick’s Pies Dough Circle
1 egg white, lightly beaten
1 ½ tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups old-fashioned oats, uncooked
⅓ cup canola oil
⅓ cup real maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup pecan halves or sliced almonds
2 teaspoons flaked salt
1 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- Heat oven to 375F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place dough circle on another piece of parchment on a work surface. Lightly brush top with egg white.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle half of it evenly on top of dough. Turn dough over and brush other side with egg white; sprinkle evenly with remaining sugar and cinnamon.
- Using a pizza wheel, cut dough into bite-size pieces. Using the parchment paper, pick up the dough pieces and toss them into a large bowl with the oatmeal.
- In a 1-cup measure whisk oil, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Place nuts in a small bowl; drizzle with 1 tablespoon of maple syrup mixture.
- Pour remaining maple syrup mixture over pie dough and oats; toss well to coat.
- Spread pie dough mixture evenly over prepared baking sheet. Bake 25 minutes or until toasted, stirring frequently after 10 minutes when you add the nuts.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle with salt and add in cranberries. Cool completely on pan.
- Store in air tight container.
Sprinkle on yogurt, smoothie bowls and avocado toast.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: breakfast
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: granola, pie crust, salty-sweet, pie crust granola, breakfast
For more information visit the Wick’s Pies web site.
You might also like to try my delicious fragrant 5-spice miso caramel apple pie with black sesame crust and Green Curry Chicken Pies with Everything Bagel Crust Bites made with Wick’s Pies Dough Circles.