It has been a blast creating new recipes for the Stirrings’ Stir It Up Holiday Mixology Challenge. Let’s kick-off the season with The Quarterback Sneak Cocktail. It’s the perfect tailgate cocktail, but also fantastic for a Halloween party because there is a bit of trickery involved. Who doesn’t love a trick for a treat? By appearances, this cocktail is not what it seems. Can you guess the flavor just by looking at it? “Pomegranate” you say? Yes, it’s pink like pomegranate and even has pomegranate seeds floating around in it, but take a sip.
What the what? Is that watermelon in October? Made with real juice the Simple Watermelon Martini is infused with fresh ginger and lemon and garnished with the Lemon Drop Martini Rimmer. Go ahead and treat all your guests to this sneaky and fun cocktail.Print
1 cup (8 oz.) Stirrings’ Simple Watermelon Martini
2 (2-inch) slices fresh ginger
1 fresh lemon wedge, quartered
3 tablespoons Stirrings’ Lemon Drop Martini and Rimmer Cocktail Garnish, on a flat plate
½ cup (4 oz.) silver Tequila
1 (10 oz.) bottle club soda
- In small saucepan, combine watermelon mixer and ginger. Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon wedge into the pan and drop the wedge into the mix. Bring watermelon mixture just to a simmer; turn off heat and let steep 15 minutes to infuse ginger and lemon flavors and cool down.
- Remove and discard ginger and lemon wedge.
- Run a fresh lemon wedge around rim of 4 serving glasses; turn moistened glass edge in rimmer to coat.
- Fill glasses ¾-full with ice. Pour infused watermelon mix and tequila into a 2-cup measure; stir.
- Divide mixture evenly among glasses.
- Top off with club soda.
- Slice remaining two lemon wedges into thinner slices. Garnish each cocktail with a slice of lemon and fresh pomegranate seeds.
For a mocktail simply eliminate the tequila and top off your drink with additional club soda or your favorite flavored soda water.
- Category: drink
- Method: stovetop
Keywords: watermelon, martini, mocktail, lemon drop, holiday
For more delicious Stirrings’ recipes and beautiful photos check out their Instagram @stirrings, Pinterest @Stirrings Mixers, Twitter @stirringsmixers and “Like” the Stirrings Facebook page. Locally, their mixers and rimmer garnishes are available at Acme, Janssens, Hockessin Liquors and Total Wine & More. For more locations check here: Stirrings’ store locator.