Salted caramel peanut butter pretzel balls smothered in chocolate is a mouthful of goodness. I really don't have an artistic bone in my body, but I do think these little football shaped sweets are super cute. Toss one right into your mouth.
William was never the artsy type. This rare photo of William doing something artsy with best buddy Brian at cub scout camp is a gem. Luckily, (for me) he was required to take at least 2 art classes in high school. As a freshman football player he chose “dance for athletes” and ceramics. He chose well.
His ceramic pieces are so precious and give great insight into who he was. I am grateful to his teacher who allowed such expression in these beautiful tiles. Hunting, camp fires, the woods....he lived these scenes. Can you see him dancing around the camp fire?
Morning, noon and night. Winter, spring, summer and fall. The boy was creative and artistic and I suppose always longing to be in the woods rather than in school. A hunting he will go.
Wish I had understood that better back then and I wish I wasn't telling this story now.
Let's make these salted caramel peanut butter pretzels smothered in chocolate. With only 6 ingredients plus salt what's stopping you?
Caramel Peanut Butter Pretzel Ingredients
- crushed salted pretzels, any brand is fine
- powdered sugar
- salted caramel peanut butter spread: you can substitute 1 tablespoon of salted caramel topping and 3 tablespoons of peanut butter if you can't find the spread
- soft butter (salted or unsalted) for easy mixing
- chocolate melts or couverture, any flavor you like
- coconut oil helps keep the chocolate liquid a bit longer for dipping
Let me know if you try these Salted caramel peanut butter pretzel balls.Print
decorated like footballs these are perfect for a tailgate football game
½ cup crushed salted pretzels
¼ cup powdered sugar
¼ cup salted caramel peanut butter spread*
1-tablespoon soft butter
½ cup chocolate melts (Ghirardelli brand recommended)
½ tablespoon coconut oil
fleur de sel
- Mix pretzels, powdered sugar, peanut butter spread and butter; chill.
- Shape into 1-inch round balls or footballs.
- In small bowl, in microwave, melt chocolate and coconut oil, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.
- Dip balls to coat and place on wax paper to set.
- Sprinkle immediately with salt. Decorate with fondant laces, if making footballs.
*Use 1 tablespoon salted caramel topping plus 3 tablespoons peanut butter as a substitute for the spread
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Category: dessert
- Method: microwave
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate covered pretzels, caramel, salted, sweet treat, bon bon, football, game day