All the flavors of one of my favorite candy bars this spirited almond joy no churn ice cream is rich with chocolate condensed milk and coconut creamy from the liqueur. In addition, it gets some toasty goodness from more coconut and almonds which you can fold in or just sprinkle on top like I did. Scoop it or slice it, it's guaranteed to take those winter blues away.Print
Delightful no churn ice cream.
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk, chocolate flavor
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tablespoons coconut cake liqueur
1 teaspoon coconut flavoring
⅛-teaspoon fine sea salt
2 cups heavy cream
¼ cup slivered almonds, toasted, cooled
2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted, cooled
- Line a 9-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap leaving a 4-inch over hang on short ends.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk into a large bowl. (Scrape it all out of that can with a rubber spatula.)
- Sift cocoa powdered over the top. Add liqueur, flavoring and salt. Using the spatula blend mixture until it is well mixed and smooth.
- In large mixer bowl, beat cream to just stiff peaks (do not over-mix or you will end up with butter). Stir about a cup of cream into chocolate mixture to lighten it up. Fold in remaining cream until fully incorporated.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle top evenly with almonds and then coconut.
- Bring up the extended edges of plastic wrap and press gently over the surface. Freeze for 6 hours or as long as overnight.
- When ready to serve let ice cream stand at room temperature for 5 to 10 minutes to make scooping easier or remove from loaf pan, peel away plastic and cut into slices.
- Garnish as desired.
- Store leftovers tightly wrapped in plastic and an air-tight container.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: dessert
- Method: freezer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: no churn, ice cream, almond, coconut cake, spirited, liqueur