The best caramel cheesecake blondies are a perfect gift of kindness.
Along this grief journey there have been quite a few moms who have touched my heart and inspired me to do better. Doreen is one of those moms. This poem is a gift from her.
Choose kindness. It could make all the difference in your day or someone else’s day or a pet’s day or even the world.
This recipe for the best caramel cheesecake blondies was born from kindness. Inspired by my friend Laurie’s homemade salted caramel this dessert is salty, sweet, creamy and crunchy…need I say more? How kind of a dear friend to share her culinary sweetness with me. Thank you again, Laurie.Print
Winner of Food Network Magazine Recipe Contest
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
¼ cup sugar
3 eggs, divided
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla, divided
1½ cups all-purpose flour
1-teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 ½ sticks (12 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
1½ cups packed light brown sugar
1 cup toasted chopped pecans
5 tablespoons high quality caramel topping, warm
½ teaspoon fleur de sel
- Heat oven 325F. Spray a 9-inch square pan with non-stick cooking spray. Line pan with parchment paper leaving a 1-inch overhang over sides. Spray parchment with non-stick cooking spray.
- In small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Add 1 egg and ½ teaspoon vanilla; blend well and set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk melted butter and brown sugar until blended. Add remaining eggs and vanilla; blend well. Add flour mixture and mix with a spatula just until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in ¾ cups pecans.
- Spread half the blondie batter over bottom of prepared pan. Drop half the cream cheese mixture by spoonfuls on top.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of caramel. Drop the remaining caramel by teaspoonfuls in between the spoonfuls of cream cheese mixture.
- Repeat layering with remaining blondie batter and cream cheese mixture.
- Using the tip of a butter knife gently swirl the blondie batter, cream cheese mixture and caramel together creating a marbled effect.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Using the parchment edges, lift the blondies from the pan to a cooling rack.
- Drizzle with remaining caramel and sprinkle with pecans and fleur de sel.
- Chill in refrigerator until completely cool. Cut into bars or squares.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
Keywords: salted caramel, blondies, cheesecake, sweet treat