Paneer, Proscuitto & Asparagus Tapas, need I say more? Featuring paneer and fresh picked asparagus from my garden this recipe comes together in just minutes. If you are a cheese lover (and who isn’t) this one’s for you. Let’s get this party started.
I am taking part in the “Karoun Daires Blogger Recipe Challenge”. Two packages of Gopi Paneer, a fresh cheese made all-natural with milk and vinegar, was sent to me to create out-of-this-world recipes.
I am delighted to share this most amazing Paneer, Proscuitto & Asparagus Tapas appetizer entry with you! This was my very first time tasting paneer. So, what is it?
What Is Paneer
Paneer is a fresh cheese made from milk and an acid like vinegar. It has a mild fresh milk taste that allows it to absorb seasoning very well.
- Paneer is not aged.
- It does not melt.
- Paneer is a soft cheese
I accept the challenge. Here is how to make this salty, lemony fresh cheese appetizer. First, blanch the asparagus in boiling water until just tender. Plunge them into an ice water bath to cool them down and retain their fresh green color.
Next, cut the paneer into about 1/4-inch thick slices and season with lemon-pepper. Trim asparagus to about 4-inches, so the tips extend above the paneer.
Next, layer seasoned paneer and asparagus on top of prosciutto and roll them up. Brush lightly with olive oil and roast on a lightly greased foil lined pan at 400F for 4 to 6 minutes.
Then, transfer to serving platter and sprinkle with fresh lemon juice. Now and most importantly, taste the Gopi Paneer difference. Enjoy and accept rave reviews from your family and friends. You are welcome. Please let me know if you try the recipe and love paneer as much as I do.Print
If you are a fresh cheese lover, and who isn’t, this appetizer is for you. Taste the paneer difference.
2 tablespoons lemon infused extra-virgin olive oil or plain extra virgin olive oil
20 spears fresh asparagus trimmed to 4-inches in length
1 (8 oz) package Gopi Paneer, sliced into ¼-inch thick slices
1–2 tablespoons lemon pepper seasoning
1 (5.29 oz) package prosciutto (10 slices), cut into 4-inch lengths
Fresh lemon wedges
- Heat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Lightly coat the foil with olive oil.
- Blanch asparagus in boiling water for 2 minutes or until just tender. Transfer asparagus to an ice water bath to cool down and retain bright green color. Pat asparagus dry with paper towels.
- Lay paneer slices on a work surface. Sprinkle both sides of paneer with lemon pepper seasoning. Top each slice of paneer with 1 piece of asparagus lining up bottom edges. Wrap each bundle with a piece of prosciutto leaving asparagus tip and top of cheese exposed.
- Place bundles seam side down on prepared baking sheet. Brush bundles lightly with remaining olive oil.
- Roast for 4 to 6 minutes or until edges of cheese are just golden.
- Arrange tapas on serving plate. Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the top.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Category: appetizers
- Method: stove top/oven
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: gopi paneer
Many thanks to Karoun Dairies for accepting me into this recipe challenge. For more tips and great recipes featuring Gopi Paneer check out the Karoun Dairies social pages and web site.
Check out my other recipe contest entries here: