the best harissa hummus
Super Bowl parties are on the horizon. Planning one is never easier. Finger foods and dip recipes are in order. I bet you have the hot wings covered. So, let’s move into the end zone with some more winning ideas like the best harissa hummus.
Seriously, it’s not a party unless there is dip. Right? Here is my spicy new spin on the Middle Eastern chickpea puree known as hummus. It takes all of 5 minutes to make in the food processor. In addition, it really tastes even better if made a day in advance. It can be served with the classic pita chips or if you want to get extra healthy and fancy serve it as a finger food stuffed into those cute little mini peppers. Using the harissa avocado mayo from one of my favorite brands, Chosen Foods, eliminates the need for several other ingredients like oil and spices.Print
Easy and versatile hummus recipe
1 clove garlic
1 (15 oz.) can chick peas (garbanzo beans), drained, liquid reserved (aka: aquafaba)
¼ cup Chosen Foods Harissa avocado oil mayo
¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons sesame tahini
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- With food processor fitted with metal blade and running, drop garlic through the feed tube. When garlic is finely chopped turn off machine.
- Add chick peas; process about 30 seconds or until coarsely chopped.
- Add remaining ingredients including 1 tablespoon of reserved aquafaba.
- Process mixture until smooth scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- Add additional aquafaba to thin mixture to desired dip consistency. Stored covered in refrigerator.