Cooking Contest Central is the premier recipe contest site and on occasion they sponsor recipe contests. My stir-fry shitake broccoli slaw burger was a winner.Print
Stir Fry Shitake Broccoli slaw Burgers
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
Asian inspired burger and slaw
1 (12 oz.) bag Mann’s Broccoli Cole Slaw, divided
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1-tablespoon olive oil
1 (4 oz) package stemmed and sliced fresh shitake mushrooms
1/4 cup sliced scallions
2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
2 teaspoons honey
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 1/2 cups Mann’s Broccoli Cole Slaw (reserved from slaw recipe)
1 tablespoon mirin
1 pound (80% lean 20% fat) ground beef
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 cup sliced scallions
4 brioche buns, toasted
4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
4 crisp lettuce leaves
- Reserve 1½ cups of broccoli slaw for burgers. Pour remaining slaw into a large bowl; toss with salt.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until mushrooms have released their liquid and are just golden brown. Add mushrooms and scallions to slaw mix in bowl.
- In small bowl, whisk soy sauce, lime juice, rice vinegar, honey, fresh ginger and sesame oil until blended. Pour dressing over slaw mixture; toss well.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and toss again. Set aside while preparing burgers.
- In same skillet used to cook mushrooms, heat 1-teaspoon olive oil.
- Add reserved 1 ½ cups slaw and cook stirring 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add mirin, stirring, just until liquid evaporates. Cool slightly.
- In large bowl, combine ground beef, salt, pepper, scallions and cooled slaw mix; blend well. Shape into 4 patties about ¾-inch thick.
- Grill, broil or pan-fry burgers 4 to 5 minutes per side or until fully cooked.
- Layer bottom half of toasted rolls with hoisin sauce, lettuce and a burger. Top with a generous amount of shitake slaw.
- Cover with bun tops and serve.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: sandwich
- Method: stovetop/grill
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: hamburger, burger, shiitake mushrooms, slaw, Asian, quick dinner, lunch, stir-fry
You can also check out the CCC Facebook page here https://www.facebook.com/CookingContestCentral/
Thank you so much for the shout out, Lisa!
very welcome and thanks for being such a time saver for me and creating such wonderful opportunities with contest sponsors
That was a great contest entry Lisa! I hope CCC does a new contest soon!
Yes a very tasty contest with a great sponsor I am sure there are more fun contests coming up