Grilled Paneer Fruit Skewers with Sweet Asian Chili Lime Drizzle is pretty much my dream appetizer. It's a healthy, sweet and salty fusion of global cuisine served on a stick. No fuss, no muss (or is that mess) and oh, so delicious.
I am taking part in the "Karoun Daires Blogger Recipe Challenge". Two packages of Gopi Paneer, a fresh cheese made all-natural with milk and vinegar, was sent to me to create out-of-this-world recipes.
Grilled paneer fruit skewers are so easy to assemble. It features a firm, non-melting cheese called paneer. Paneer is high in protein and used often in vegetarian and Indian cuisine. Marinating it in some of my favorite Asian condiments and searing it on the grill adds to the salty-sweet flavor enjoyment. Here is how to make it.
First, marinate the sliced paneer in a mixture of sweet Asian chili sauce and soy sauce for at least 1 hour, turning occasionally. Just before grilling, sprinkle the cut fruit with salt and pepper and brush lightly with remaining chili sauce.
Next, remove paneer from marinade (reserve the marinade) and place paneer and fruit on a clean, lightly greased and hot grill. Grill, turning, getting some nice grill marks. The paneer is done after about 4 minutes and the fruit takes only 2 to 4 minutes. It's quick!
Then, transfer the paneer and fruit to a cutting surface.
Finally, cut into bite size pieces and skewer. Arrange skewers on a bed of arugula. Squeeze the charred lime and mix the juice with the reserved marinade; drizzle over skewers.
A grilled global fusion of fruit and cheese on a stick
1 package Gopi Paneer, sliced into 4 pieces
4 tablespoons sweet Asian chili sauce
2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
1 slice of seedless watermelon cut into 1-inch-thick strips
1 nectarine, halved, pit removed
Freshly ground black pepper
1 fresh lime, sliced in half
- Marinate paneer in mixture of 3 tablespoons sweet Asian chili sauce and soy sauce for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Season watermelon and nectarine lightly with salt and pepper; brush with remaining 1 tablespoon chili sauce.
- Heat a covered grill to medium-high.
- Remove paneer from marinade; reserve marinade. Sprinkle paneer with salt and pepper. On greased grill rack, grill paneer for 4 minutes, turning, to grill all sides. Grill watermelon for 2 minutes per side. Place nectarines and limes on grill, cut-side-down, and grill for 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly charred.
- Transfer paneer and fruit to a cutting board. Slice the paneer and watermelon into cubes, trimming rind from melon. Cut nectarine into bite-size chunks.
- Spread arugula over serving platter.
- Thread skewers with a piece of paneer and a piece of fruit; arrange skewers on arugula.
- Squeeze charred lime and stir into reserved marinade; drizzle over skewers.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- marinate: 60 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Category: appetizer
- Method: grill
- Cuisine: global fusion
Keywords: paneer, karoun dairies, healthy appetizer, party time, summer eating
Many thanks to Karoun Dairies for accepting me into this recipe challenge.
You can also check out my other entries into this blogger challenge: